This morning I woke up to find the most lovely comment on my blog from Kristin of Space-Lift, nominating North Leads to Home for the Inspiring Blog Award. I couldn’t believe it! I didn’t think that anyone would take notice of my little blog let alone nominate it for a blog award, so it’s safe to say I’m all sorts of flattered/humbled/excited! So, as the rules tell me, I’m going to tell you a little bit about myself then share my favourite bloggers who I would like to nominate for this award.
Seven Facts About Me:
1. I love travelling! I haven’t been to loads of places (Europe, America, Thailand are the only ones ticked off so far!) but this summer I’m taking a spontaneous trip with some University friends to Marrakech, Morocco and I’m going back to Thailand with one of my best friends. I’m so excited!
2. I have played the piano since I was 5 years old, although I didn’t sit Grade 8 in the end because it was at the same time as my A levels. Boo!
3. I’m an absolute chocoholic. My current favourite is dipping Cadbury chocolate fingers into a Creme Egg.. decadent or disgusting? Bit of both really.
4. I’ve had an obsession with motor homes since I was about 6. I remember getting motor homes magazines in the post so I could look at the pictures. What a weirdo!
5. It’s my life dream to build my own house. I don’t care if I end up living in a shed, I just want to have built it myself!
6. My duvet is the best duvet in the world. It has two wonderfully soft duvets, one summer and one winter which attach to each other to make one super-duvet. It’s like a large, snuggly marshmallow. This isn’t really a fact about me, but I felt it should be included because it really is awesome.
7. I didn’t have my own room that I could decorate until I was 14. When I did I went for the girlie room I never had; pink walls, white detail and the legendary amazing four poster princess bed bought from Ebay for £120. I may have outgrown its pinkness now but every time I go back to my parents house I remember how much fun I had getting to design the perfect room for teenage-KiKi.
Inspirational Blogs (I’d like to nominate!):
Ok so there aren’t 15, but these are a few blogs that I really enjoy and admire! In no particular order..
Ariel Rose Suares
The Bear & The Bee
(JourneyCount and OonaghBush aren’t DIY/Home blogs but they’re definitely worth a peek!)
There are a few rules to accepting a blog award…
1. Display the award image on your blog page.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify your bloggers of their nomination and link to their posts.
I just wanted to add that I think these awards are a great idea. Not only do they boost the confidence of bloggers and give them a little bit of feeling special, it also helps widen the blogging community both for bloggers and readers. I think sharing inspiration is really important, so why not share others inspirational blogs too, not just pictures?