I’d like to say thank you to Tuva from Be Fabulous for nominating me for the Leibster Award. I think awards like this are great as they help blogs with under 200 followers gain a bit of exposure and the readers that they merit. So, as the rules state, here is my post on the Leibster Award.
1. Post eleven facts about yourself
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
3. Invent eleven questions to ask the people you have nominated for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to nominate for the award and link to them in your post
5. Go to their blog and tell them
1. Eleven Facts
1. My housemate and I make the best tuna mayonnaise toasties ever, if we do say so ourselves!
2. I was once blonde for about two months when I was seventeen.
3. I’ve only lived in London and Birmingham, but I’ve now lived in 6 different flats and houses, with one more being added to the list soon.
4. It’s my life dream to build my own house
5. Last year I had glandular fever for about three months without realising.
6. Lost in Translation has been one of my favourite films for years, since then I’ve always wanted to visit Tokyo.
7. I was in the chorus of my secondary school production of Les Mis. I still know all the words to all the songs and sing them around the house. My housemates aren’t too impressed!
8. Washi tape is my current favourite craft material, and I stick it on everything. Overkill? Never!
9. I started a ‘Q&A a day five year journal’. So far it’s the only diary I’ve managed to keep up.
10. Yesterday I finished my dissertation. Both terrifying and relieving!
11. I love chocolate, especially crème eggs and malteasers bars!
2. Eleven Answers
1. If you could travel back in time – where would you go, and why?
I would love to see what my parents were like when they were my age. They were hippies, so I can imagine they went to some pretty cool festivals!
2. Who is your biggest style icon?
I don’t really have one!
3. Whose life would you pick if you could switch life with any person in the world?
Possibly Beyonce. A bit typical, but I’d love to be able to dance like that!
4. Who is the most inspiring person you have ever met?
My best friends. They’re all inspirational in different ways and I’m so lucky to have them!
5. What kind of music do you listen to?
A bit of everything, but mainly folk and hip hop. A strange combination, but pretty much mutually exclusive!
6. What items do you usually carry in your purse?
My wallet, keys, phone, Amber solid perfume and other bits and pieces I always forget to take out of there!
7. How is your perfect saturday night?
An evening in with my housemates or a night out for a meal and cocktails.
8. What are the top three items on your wish list right now?
Cute craft storage, summer clothes, a haircut!
9. What are you going to do in the summer?
Move house, look for a job, start an emagazine, spend 4 nights in Morocco, travel around Thailand and Cambodia for 3 weeks, do lots of crafts.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I fell in love with Thailand, and I’d love to spend more time there but probably not to live permanently. I want to live in Canada at some point though, so probably there.
11. Where do you see – or hope to see – yourself in ten years?
In ten years I’d like to be happy with a family. Ideally, I’d like to be self employed and be on the way to making a self-build possible, but you can’t plan life, so as long as the people around me and myself are happy I can’t hope for more than that.
3. Eleven Questions
1. If you won £1000 what would you spend it on?
2. What’s your dream job?
3. If you could only listen to one song for the next year, what would it be?
4. What’s your favourite view?
5. If you were an animal for a day what would you be?
6. Where’s the favourite place you’ve lived?
7. What’s your favourite colour?
8. Flat or house?
9. What’s your biggest achievement?
10. Sweet or savoury?
11. If you could travel anywhere at the click of a finger, where would you go first?
4. Eleven Nominations
I’m not sure on the amount of followers of each blog, so here are 11 blogs that I enjoy reading.
1. Interior Thinking
3. The Bear and The Bee
4. A Jones Home
5. Fairly Light
9. Homestyle Diary
10. L’Essenziale Home Designs
11. Curio City Lifestyle